How many people does my blog reach ?
26 Jan 2013
We use Network Theory to get a boundary estimate for a Blogger Reach . How many people are reached , on average .
1.Every Pageview on a Google blog gets distributed to a number of friends , acquaintances , etc .
2.These upper and lower boundaries can be approximated by Fibonacci sequences in samples larger than 300 .
3. If the site forms a Group (eg the site has inter-hyperlinks) , then you only need to consider the total site-Pageviews .
4.This makes it really simple (leave the degree of hyperlinks to the dear reader . But about 1 per post should be sufficient . .
5.Now we can go to town with Fibonacci sequences and 6 degrees of connectivity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation in Small-world Networks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small-world_network .
6.We simply summate the Fibonacci –sequence to the desired degree of connectivity .
This is the old wave-front idea . Every F(x) generates a new wavefront . Not too serious over only 6 iterations .
S(n) = F(0) + F(1) + F(2) + ... + F(n) = F(n+2) – 1
7. This means that any quantum sapient system whatsoever always looks at least two steps ahead .
Beth(3) at least .
8. So if there 6 steps , we get :
S(x) = (1+1)+( 2+3 +5+8+13+21+34 + 55) + 89 +…
S(6) = 54 -1 -2 =52 .
9. This means that any hyperlinked system reaches at least 52 times the audience from the blog entry .
10 .So for my particular blog (http://andreswhy.blogspot.com) , I only need to look at the total Pageviews (28 620) to say that all the posts are interconnected , and that the number of people reached is about 28 620 x 52 = 1 .49 million.
11. Not really impressive out of 7 billion .
Oh Well .