Inside an Economic Crash
15 Feb 2015
The Real world economic system started crashing on the west coast USA in Feb 2015 . Just another repeat .
0.A Real Economic Crash .
This is when goods or services are not available at any price .
The Civilization Chain breaks down .
See http://andreswhy.blogspot.com/2005/09/collapse-of-civilizations.html for a previous instance .
1.The four sphincters that clamped down :
Uninsurability destroyed an Empire and Industry . See http://andreswhy.blogspot.com/2009/03/featherfall.html
The perils of Just In Time production .
The value of a JIT item rapidly drops to zero after it’s sell-by-date . Thus becomes uninsurable . Thus no carrier (ship or land) will take the risk . It all grinds to a halt , which is happening now .
Systemic breakdown , which cannot be fixed by printing more paper money .
1.2 Labor Unions .
The cost of the difference between the real economy and the financial money printing is being borne by the middle and working class as shit flows downhill . This has now surfaced as shutdown of Just-in-time supply chains on the Western US seaboard . See Appendix A .
1.3 Declining demand .
Due to a number of factors :
1.3.1 Green :Small is beautiful . The Death of Growth . Declining population .
Actual less consumption . Desperate state monopolies are legally penalizing people who want to consume less .
1.3.2 Capital shift to Health Carers due to longer lives costing more money .
The money a family had accumulated(capital) is now spent on keeping a decrepit alive .
So , little Johnny has to take a McJob and stay at home with mommy so that granny can eke out a miserable last few years in an Oligarch’s facility .
Humans aren’t naturally smart enough to pay their own way in a high-tech society .
But there ways to become smarter .
1.4 War .
They have learned nothing . http://andreswhy.blogspot.com/2009/04/first-world-war.html
And now about to repeat the whole thing with nuclear weapons . In the name of stimulating the economy .
2. What will happen ?
Trade will lock up tighter than a camel’s arse in the fly season .
2.1 You already saw a shadow of it in the 2008 crisis , when banks put their own interests ahead of the society .
Expect dumping of luxury globalised items (like wines , fancy foods , genetically modified foods , out-of-season foods , etc)
2.2 Roman Empire seize-up : http://andreswhy.blogspot.com/2008/03/amphorae-roman-containerization.html
2.3Another way of looking at it :
If it’s not grown within about 100 miles , forget it .
Average Distances from Farm to Market
Apples: 1,555 miles vs. 105 miles
Tomatoes: 1,369 miles vs. 117 miles
Grapes: 2,143 miles vs. 151 miles
Beans: 766 miles vs. 101 miles
Peaches: 1,674 miles vs. 184 miles
Winter Squash: 781 miles vs. 98 miles
Greens: 889 miles vs. 99 miles
Lettuce: 2,055 miles vs. 102 miles
3. The survivors : Bringing home the bacon , lean and mean .
4.What does it all mean ?
”Where are they ?” Fermi .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox about intelligent lifeforms .
At home . Where they belong .
A question they will ask about humans .
You are seeing the effects right now . Uncontrolled growth leads to death .
Civilizations that cannot handle this , doesn’t even make it off-planet .
5.Post-Apocalyptic minefield .
It means that planets with surviving populations usually have defences in depth not accessible to the inhabitants .
A variant of the Castles and Knight Defence . Any roving band of interstellar freebooters will get their heads handed to them pdq .
These defences get activated in ascending order .
6.It also means that Terra has ancient quiescent defensive and offensive weapon systems .
Not very old , either .
A supervolcano like Yellowstone has energy yields in the order of 10^17 Joules .
A megaton of tnt ~ 10^15 Joules .
So , expect war energies bigger than 100 megatons of TNT to trigger ancient defensive systems , with unpredictable results .
This to prevent false alarms due to natural disasters .
The old USSR must have gotten the fright of it’s life when it tested its 50 megaton Tsar Bomb and ancient weapons came to life .
Note that nobody has tried it since . They were lucky as it was.
7. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba .
When many old weapon systems partially activated . In Australia of all places . Surat Basin .
It seems to be directed graviton particle beams .
Or , if you prefer , Stimulated Emission of Higgs Particles (SEHP)
Look at seismic records of October 1961 .
· There were lots of anomalies .
- gravity data with the results of a seismic survey made previously in the same ... surface Tertiary flows), the depth analysis of the anomalies that result from this .... 11th October 1961 and returned to Melbourne on 11th November 1961.
Vajra-type weapons : Mothball central
Look at flat topped large hills with big scree fields .
They would be stealthed , but up close there should be gravitic and magnetic anomalies .
Lots of beta radiation from Fe60 . You will have to dig a bit .
Actually a good place to mothball radioactive nuclear pulse ships .
The data is all there , but in true human tradition it simply got ignored .
Radioactive iron after 5 000 years should still have Fe(60) with halflife of 2.6x10^6 years .
It is a beta emitter , so use http://www.radpro.com/PANCAKE.pdf
Or just buy it for about $137 http://www.amazon.com/GQ-GMC-300-Radiation-Detector-Detection/dp/B006X3WNLC
Find your own spaceship in the Surat Basin .
And good luck to all .
8.Footage from a Soviet documentary about the bomb is featured in Trinity and Beyond: ... "Moscow's Biggest Bomb: the 50-Megaton Test of October 1961" (PDF).
9. Which continent would they target ?
Mu ? Lemuria ? Atlantis ? Your beach house ?
Isn’t ancient history fun ?
Especially if you die frequently .
10 . As they say at Reincarnation Central :
Amnesia costs extra .
Salvation is free . But you have to pay for everything else .
And per gram too .
11.Exchange rate between here and the here-after .
Can you take at least some percentage with you ?
Well , we have exchange rates between virtual worlds like Second Life , War games etc.
If this locale is seen as a virtual world , then there is no reason why there should not be an exchange rate .
The parameters would have to be by mutual consent .
Something like Bitcoin springs to mind .
Call it a GodCoin .
Valid in this life and after death .
Charon accepts only GodCoins for a return trip .
Have Fun !
Here are some of the ways the already reeling US retail economy is now being pummeled as a result of the collapse of this weakest chokepoint in the US supply-chain infrastructure.
- Small business owners are unable to get goods on the shelf in time for long-planned merchandising programmes. Some are paying high premiums for work-arounds such as airfreight.
- Manufacturers are at risk of closing down assembly lines because they don't receive parts shipments.
- California's Central Valley growers can't get perishable agricultural exports through the marine terminals quickly and on to ships for delivery to overseas markets.
- Thousands of independent harbour truckers are doing less business — and receiving less pay — because they're often stranded in long lines awaiting cargo. Businesses are beginning to furlough workers because their operations are stymied by cargo delays.
- Surcharges, two week delays reported: congestion in the West Coast ports is leading to longer import lead times (up to two week delays) and increased surcharges from shippers, agents, and truckers.
- According to Credit Suisse, surcharges for transport and east coast delivery are at all-time high levels (adding 75-100% to cost of shipping in some cases.)
- K line, the sixteenth largest container shipping company in the world has added $800 congestion surcharges in ports where slowdowns are occurring.
- Truckers in Long Beach and Lost Angeles have recently added $50/hour to $100/hour surcharges for shipments originating from these ports. The average cost for Asia-U.S. shipping a twenty-foot container is approximately $750.
- Rerouting to east coast ports is time-consuming and expensive: some companies have diverted shipments to the east coast to avoid congestion on the west coast, incurring additional surcharges on top of the already more expensive and time consuming journey to Atlantic ports.
Bottom line: estimated recovery is 1 week for each day the ports are closed, and the National Reta